In 1915, after working for his brother in the storage and transfer business Ray Atlee Ford incorporated Ford Transfer Company and became an entrepreneur. This business originated in Council Bluffs, Iowa providing hauling and storage services of flour, rice, grain and other bulk products to local grocers. In 1919 Ray Atlee Ford’s Brother Roy Virgil Ford returned from WWI they formed a partnership business – at that time they incorporated Ford Bros. Van & Storage. They diversified into Ray Atlee Ford operating the warehousing and Roy Virgil Ford operating the moving and storage company.Shortly after this partnership in 1928 Ford Bros. Van & Storage company became of the charter agents for Allied Van Lines. This charter connected a network of movers to work in alignment as a national carrier. In response to considerable growth in the warehousing and distribution marketplace Ray Atlee Ford leased growth.
1908 | Ray Atlee Ford worked for a transfer company owned by
his brother (Grover).
1915 | Ford Transfer Company Incorporated
Ray Atlee Ford Incorporated Ford Transfer Company providing transfer services of flower, rice, grains and other bulk products locally in Council Bluffs & Omaha.
1919 | Ford Bros. Van & Storage Company
Ray Atlee Ford & Roy Virgil Ford incorporated Ford Bros. Van & Storage Company in an effort to provide moving and storage services to transferees in the area.
1922 | Council Bluffs, Iowa Facility Opened
Ray and Roy Ford opened a new facility across the river that Roy would manage in Council Bluffs, IA.
1928 | Charter Agent of Allied Van Lines
1928 marked a new era of the moving industry – Allied Van Lines had created a network of agents sixteen (16) across the domestic United States.
1932 | Leased 1024 Dodge Street
In 1932 Ray Atlee Ford leased six (6) floors totaling 100,000 square feet located in the heart of downtown Omaha, Nebraska.
1941 | Purchased 1024 Dodge Street
In 1941 Ray Atlee Ford purchased this facility and became owner of this property. This facility had many attributes for a warehouse and distribution company including a fireproof construction, sprinklers and security system.
1941 | WWII Storage
From approximately 1941 – 1945 Ford Bros. Van & Storage provided warehousing for the government storing dried foods (eggs and milk) and army supplies.
1947 | Ford Storage & Moving Company
Beginning in 1945 Ray Atlee Ford had been experiencing significant growth in the public warehousing industry. Due to this growth Ford Storage & Moving Company was incorporated in 1947.
1948 | Purchased Building in Omaha
In 1948 Ford Storage & Moving Company purchased a warehouse facility located at 9th & Douglas Street in Omaha, Nebraska. This facility was approximately 70,000 square feet including seven (7) floors and would service the moving division of Ford Storage.
1959 | Purchased Building in Omaha
In 1959 their facility located at 9th & Douglas Street was in the way of the new Aksarben Bridge and would be demolished. In response they purchased a warehouse facility in Omaha, Nebraska located at 714 South 12th Street. This facility was approximately 100,000 square feet.
1965 | Purchased Building in Omaha
In 1965 Ford Storage & Moving Company purchased another warehouse located at 1023 Jones Street. This facility totaled nine (9) floors and approximately 309,000 square feet of warehouse operating area. This facility was utilized by both division moving and storage services and public warehouse.
1988 | Purchased Building in Omaha | An Industry
In the 1980’s the warehousing and logistics industry was becoming mechanized with higher reach forklifts, pallets, pallet racking systems and operating equipment. This along with single-story buildings promoted an evolution in the industry its operational functions.
In 1988 Ford Storage & Moving Company purchased a single-story 100,000 square foot warehouse operating facility.
1989 | Additional Square Feet
In 1989 Ford Storage & Moving Company added an additional 54,000 square feet to the newly purchased facility at 7402 “L” Street totaling 154,000 square feet of warehouse area.
2000 | New Warehouse Facility Built
In 2000 Ford Storage & Moving Company built a brand new single-story warehouse facility totaling 64,000 square feet. This facility created our new standard of building warehouses with inside clearance up to 35 feet. Other attributes include sprinkler system, security systems, badge access and concrete tilt-up build! This facility is located at 11810 Centennial Road, La Vista, Nebraska 68128.
2003 | New Warehouse Facility Built
In 2003 Ford Storage & Moving Company built another new single-story warehouse facility totaling 102,000 square feet. This facility was built with the same attributes as the above building and is located at 11906 Centennial Road, La Vista, Nebraska 68128.